Monday, March 2, 2009

My Brush With Fame

As I struggled to find the doctor's office the other day, I ended up waiting for the elevator with a lovely young family. I noticed they were pushing a stroller with a tiny baby inside. I casually asked if I could see the baby. The young couple said, sure. I peeked at the little girl. She was cute. Then I glanced back that the baby's father to tell him his daughter was adorable, but what slipped from my mouth was the exclamation, "You're Kurt Bestor." To which the talented composer replied, "Yes, I am." Then we shared the awkward moment of boarding the elevator together. So much for my brush with fame.

P.S. At this very moment, Michael is having a PET/CT scan. I will keep you posted on the results.

8 comments:

Fiauna said...

I love Kurt Bestor. I hope the PET/CT scan comes out clean!

The One and Only said...

Kurt Bestor isn't bad to look at. How funny. Hope all is well.

Kristen said...

I love your blog Mindy! You have an amazingly positive attitude, and I really appreciate how you shared how you've dealt with a difficult situation. Janae was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's)in June, and so it is always good to hear how people can stay positive when things go bad.

Kristen said...

Can I put a link to your blog on my blog?

Jay Allen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jay Allen said...

Why the scan????

-Jay

The One and Only said...

Any results? Huh. I wrote a poem for you.

Kristina P. said...

That's very cool! I have seen Kurt Bestor at a restaraunt before.